John D. Ewing Pilot B-24 Iron Range

Inquire about crew members, aircraft, or any other subject here.
RanchLady

John D. Ewing Pilot B-24 Iron Range

Post by RanchLady » 26 May 2020 2114

I know this is so far past WWII that most folks will not have known him. We have several letters from people that did remember him during his 2 years at Iron Range Australia. I would so dearly like to know if anyone has any old information they could possible add to my Father's information. We have bought just about every book published on the 90th!! Unfortunately there is no real mention of my Dad. He died very young at the age of 53, after surviving the war, surviving Polio when he returned, only to be struck down by a heart attack at 53. He was one of the older pilots from what my mom had told us. Dad never mentioned the war and I was too young to ask questions or do research. Since then I have met Bob Livingtone, on line, and Michael Musmueci from Australia, on line, and have worked with them on some of his papers. It would just be wonderful if anyone could add personal information of any sorts even after all of these year. I have also worked with Peter Dunn of the Australia web site Australia at War. These men have helped tell us about the location of some of his flights etc. and of Iron Range but of course no one KNEW my father.
Do any of you have old letters from family that might mention John D. Ewing--he would have been a LT. then a Capt. then retired as a Major and of course was a Pilot. Here's hoping somewhere someone has something??? THANKS
his daughter Susan Ewing Wolfe at 2678sae@gmail.com I guess I should add that my Dad was in the 320th of the 90th Bomb Group. Maybe that will help??