90th Bomb Group Message Board

Message No. 1009
Author: Mike Montesano
Subject: Military Records
Date: Fri Feb 18, 2011 07:22

I have never tried yet, but supposedly they can be obtained at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) and their web site is http://www.archives.gov/ Once there, you look under "Veterans Service Records" http://www.archives.gov/veterans/ and there you will see "Learn about military service records (eg DD Form 214)" and that link takes you to what I hope will be helpful http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/about-service-records.html

Best of luck!


Please let me know how this works out, as I too have records but no metal. I just have not had the time to work on this.

Mike Montesano
Message No. 1009 ▷ Parent Message No. 1009 ▷ Grandparent Message No. 1008
  • S/Sgt. Walter J. ZawadskiJoseph M. Zawadski, Thu Feb 17 13:00
    My father passed away July 25, 2008. I have his medals. Any ideas on how get get the citations that go with them?
    • Military Records — Mike Montesano, Fri Feb 18 07:22
◀ Return to the previous pageTop ▲

Message Board Archive Index
January 2001 - October 2019


The 90th Bomb Group Message Board Archive contains all messages posted from January 2001 through October 2019. The original host of this message board has discontinued the service so no additional replies can be made to archived posts. Please visit our new and improved message board at 90thbombgroup.org/messages to reopen any subjects found above, start new subjects, make new contacts, and search for messages posted after October 31, 2019. Subscribers should register at the new message board to continue to receive future e-mail notifications.
Visit our new Message Board!